Can HIV be contracted from shaking hands?

Dr. Monika Dede

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Fri, 20 Apr 2018 in HIV and AIDS
Question: I shook a security guards hand at my work place around 630 pm and I had something on my thumb dont know if bleeding but my mom says no what do you think thanks hiv test??
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please don't worry, there is no risk for HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing in healthcare magic.

Based on your history, just shaking hand, I think you shouldn't worry because there is no risk for HIV infection, even if you have a sore in your thumb.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 10 hours later
Thanks one question why do females moan during sex or masterbatikn
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Because of the pleasure.

Detailed Answer:

This is because of the pleasure they feel during the intercourse.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 8 hours later
Please explain the pleasures of intercourse males can get it too

I sfepped over something at work I believe it was plastic restrain not certain in the garage but it made a sound though honestly if a person stepped on a needle but they have shoes on can it make a noise when that person steps on on it thanks all I know it was black

I just a bag of chips and few fries drank 3 20 ounces soda like fast now plus meatball sub with hot peppers I feel like burping but can’t cheat hurts around where the heart is pins and needles on feet and hands and like middle of chest hurts pins and needles on face can stress lead to this or the indigestion thanks

Like where my hand is and I feel neasu at times heart attack??

Would u worry about this thanks
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
This could be just from stress.

Detailed Answer:

Yes even the male can have the same pleasure.
If you have shoes on there even if it was needle there is no risk for infections.

This situation could be related just with stress but I think that you should do an electrocardiograme just as a precaution.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 42 hours later
But when females moan do they kniw they do this
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I won't answer those question.

Detailed Answer:
I won't answer those question.