Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Can HIV be contracted from eating food containing drops of blood?

User rating for this question
Answered by

HIV AIDS Specialist
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 1878 Questions
Hi, i have a question regarding HIV. I was at a fast-food place to eat something. The girl who put my food had some blood on her face i think was from acnee. If some blood drop in my food and i eat it, Can i get infected with HIV ? I didn’t have cold sores or other things in my mouth
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2017 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not possible.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Costisor,

Welcome to HCM.

The survival of HIV virus in dried blood or outside the human body is very difficult and it will die only in few seconds. Also the way of HIV transmission you had mentioned is practically not possible and I have never seen any such case in my practice so allay the fear or anxiety related to HIV as you are safe and risk free. If still any query is there you can ask me again and I am here to help you always.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Can HIV be contracted from eating food containing drops of blood? 24 minutes later
I am a healthy person i didn’t have any ulcers or other things in my mouth. Last time when i’ve been sick it was a year ago. I eat that food after 10-15 minutes when i was back home. This happened 2 months ago. Can i relax about this episod ? I know that i have h.pylori it matters or not for things that happened to me?

Please respond me so i can put my mind in peace
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can definitely relax your self.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Costisor,

Welcome back and thanks for follow-up.

You can surely relax your self as there is no risk in your exposure and presence of H. Pylori don't have any effect on this episode so just calm down, close this chapter and move ahead in life happily.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an HIV AIDS Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor