Can HIDA scan help diagnose Habba syndrome?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Sat, 10 Mar 2018 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: Will a HIDA scan help in the diagnosis of Habba Syndrome?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
HIDA is the test to diagnose Habba.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic for your query my dear.
I have gone through your query carefully and I appreciate your concerns.

As per standard text, Habba syndrome is an association between chronic diarrhea and a dysfunctional gallbladder, which produces an abnormal amount of bile. HIDA scan is a hepatobiliary scan which evaluate the ejection fraction of the gallbladder which suggests whether gallbladder is working properly or not.

HIDA is therefore almost always used to diagnose Habba.

Hope I provided you with the answer.

Feel free to follow up.
Thanks!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 21 minutes later
Thank you for you help.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most welcome

Detailed Answer:
Wishing your husband a fast recovery.

Warm Regards!