Can Diltiazem be taken for high blood pressure?
Better option is Amlodipine
Diltiazem is not drug of choice now a days as it can lower the heart rate. It used to given in the past but its less commonly given now a days due to availability of Better drugs. Better option is tab Amlodipine 5 mg once a day, which has less side effects and is of same class. So I would advise for Amlodipine instead of diltiazem. you can discuss this issue with your local doctor.
Also, weight loss, low salt diet, regular exercises, plenty of fruits will help in reducing bp.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Misreading of high blood pressure
- Combiflam and high blood pressure
- Should envas be taken for high blood pressure
- Which medicine should be taken for high blood pressure
- Gastritis and high blood pressure
- High blood pressure restless night taken lexotan
- Whiskey and high blood pressure
- High blood pressure and the shakes
- Rum and the high blood pressure
- High blood pressure shivering
- Suggest treatment for extreme fatigue and nausea
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- Is an iron infusion advisable when having normal blood report?
- What causes intermittent chest pain?
- Suggest treatment for bronchospasm
- Can coumadin be taken before a thoracic aorta CTA procedure?
- What causes frequent heart palpitations during pregnancy?
- What does my angiogram result report indicate?
- Is blood pressure of 125/72 a cause for concern?
- What does my TLC result report indicate?