Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Calcified granuloma in right lobe of liver. CT-KUB done, shows mild low position of kidney. Cancerous?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 883 Questions
what are the causes for calcified granuloma in right lobe liver? will this lead to cancer. CT-KUB WITH CONTRAST has shown calcified granuloma in right lobe liver and mild mall rotation and mild low position of right kidney
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 19 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
The commonest cause of a calcified granuloma is an inactive parasitic lesion. Other causes may be infective granulomas. The chances of it being malignant are extremely less. The CT findings which you have described suggest anomalies of development of the kidney.
As I believe that more information can help a physician arrive at an accurate diagnosis, I would request
you to answer the following questions:

Did you have symptoms of giddiness or convulsions in the past?
Do you have any history of liver infections or febrile illnesses?
What symptoms prompted you to do a CT KUB.

Awaiting your reply.
I hope I have answered your query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor