Suggest treatment for small nodules on the lungs

Oncologist
Question
Hi I had a CT scan in February 2017 that revealed 2 lung nodules. In august another scan revealed 2 more.
Another scan is scheduled in February 2018. Should I get a second opinion?
Should I be concerned?
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ct scan

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

There are a lot of causes for lung nodules like

granuloma, which are small clumps of cells that grow because of inflammation. noninfectious diseases that cause noncancerous nodules, such as sarcoidosis and rheumatoid arthritis. neoplasms, which are abnormal growths that can be benign etc

Your doctor makes you in follow up to control the number and the size of your nodes.In my opinion you should not be concerned at the moment. If it was something serious your doctor would have kept you informed about this issue.

Best regards

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for small nodules on the lungs 15 hours later
Thank you for answering my question. Yes I have had a lot of bronchitis over the years which could have caused these come to think of it. I've never smoked but my parents did which is my concern also. It never hurts to get a second opinion when it involves a possibility of cancer.

Thanks again

Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ct scan

Detailed Answer:
Hi

You have nothing to worry about the cancer

Best regards