Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Burning sensation while urinating and slight discomfort inside penis. What could it be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 3613 Questions
hi I have a slight burning when I pee mainly first thing in the morning...have a slight discomfort most of the time inside the end of my penis, if I squeeze this spot it hurts... when I ejaculate it feels as if it doesn't want to come out properly. please help
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: 31yrs multidimensional etiologies Detailed Answer: hello symptoms of burning micturition at this age of 31 points in many directions. lets discuss them one by one 1- could be a renal calculi is there any blood in urine, have you done any urine routine examination to see for any pathology.if no then do it. do you have any previous history of stones or renal calculi, do you have flank pain that radiates to the medial aspect of your same side thigh? do you eat alot of oxalates? like tomatoes spinaches and green vegatables? do you have any hormonal issue of parathyroid or calcium usage? any history of gout or drugs abuse, any history of urinary tract infections? any history of geniourinary trauma like kick in the nuts or RTA( road traffic accidents) if answer to any of these is yes than you need a work up for calculi. do ultrasound abdomen pelvis, inta venous pyelography, urine R/E, cystourethrography etc. 2) could be a UTI. burning micturition and freequency and urgency are symptoms for UTI. but the thing is UTIs are not that common in adults until before the age of 50 when prostate and other urinary bladder issues come in between. if low ages are having repeated UTI symptoms its always some anatomical variability resulting in it. so you are too old to be from prostate and too young to be having anatomical etiology. the reason possible left could be hygiene issues or recent unprotected intercourses, or multiple sex partners. in that case self care is needed at all. with hygiene maintenance, use open trousers, clean undergarments, regular change of the, and weekly removal of hairs from the groin and armpits. and the issue will vanish away 3- could be nothing but dehydration and whole night concentration of urine early morning micturitions are some times troubled for innocuous reasons like excess retention during sleep fo rlong time concentrates urine as bladder can keep upto 450 to 500 mk only. so concentrated urine has ingredients which are irritants to the urethrl meatus. or some retention of semen in side the urethra during night mostly presents with these symptoms , but as you said you squeeze the spot and it hurts so i believe it has been damaged from mucosal side because of some irritants like sludge of stones renal or some crystal from a concentrated urine or some clogged semen. 4- previous pathologies diseases like diabetes or tuberculosis in past also damage this tract with adhesions and repeated infections and strictures leading to symptoms like this. here is what you can do do some labs urine Routine exam, IV pyelography, urodynamics, cystourethrography, Ultrasonographies, cystoscopic examinations etc, Ct scan if necessary, urine cultures if needed to look for the etiology. have a gonorrhea assessment to rule that out too here are some tips to help your trouble -stay well hydrated. take alot of fluids. -drink cranberry juices 10 ounces a day . wont hurt -take some vitamin supplements XXXXXXX in phosphorus and magnesium -rest for a while -avoid sex. avoid use of rides like bike etc. -siting on cushions, ring cushions minimize symptoms if pain is worse -take some antibiotics like flouroquinolones(cipro, levoquine, floxin, noroxin etc) or cephalosporins like (rocephin, fortaz, tazicef etc) or amoxiccilines or tobra mycines or Septra Ds, Any you like. i recommend rocephin - for symptomatic relief of pain, burning, urgency, frequency, and other discomfort use phenazopyridines. they will help for sure Good luck with it. and Get well soon Cheers Dr Khan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor