Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Burning sensation at the tip of penis. Urine test done. Amorphous phosphate found. Erection continues. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 527 Questions
My age 34 I have a burning sensation at the top of my penis (it is uncomfortable but not painful and is most annoying when I need to urinate).
I have no discharge or unpleasant smells. I have no other symptoms.
few day before I did test of Culture & sensitivity test report
Culture :- No any growth obtained after 24 -=48 hrs. of incubation. A 37 c.
urine Examination
Volume : 10 ml albumin : Traces
co lour : P. yellow Sugar Nill
Apearence : Clear Reaction : Acidic
Specific gravity : Q.N.S

Microscopic Examination:- 2-5 PUS CELLS, A FEW OF AMORPHOUS PHOSPHATE are seen /HPF

I have also Erection problems when I start intercourse it is good but after few mint erection start going less.
My SEMEN is very thick.My inter course time is also very good
only problem is keep erection continues
What is the best medicine to cure this problem Thanku

Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 2 hours later


Thanks for the query.

There is a possibility that you could be having prostatitis in one of its many forms.

Prostate is a gland located below your bladder and can get inflamed. Sometimes bacteria can be found in the urine, but quite frequently no growth is seen in urine culture.

You can consult a urologist who might do a rectal examination, and probably a prostatic massage and see if there is any fluid which comes out. Also, he might ask you for TRUs - transrectal ultrasound examination. More often than not, most reports will be normal, but patients could benefit from a long course of broad spectrum antibiotics for probably 8weeks and anti-inflammatory drugs.

Prostate inflammation may also cause some people to ejaculate earlier than they would wish, and we
call this Premature ejaculation. Sometimes this disappears with treatment of prostate swelling, but occasionally patients are given drugs which have recently come to the market which seems to help patients have longer lasting erections.

You also need to mentally condition yourself to stop your thrusting at the time of intercourse when you feel a climax approaching; or firmly squeeze the head of penis at the time of approaching orgasm. This is called stop-start technique and squeeze technique. I agree this is difficult, but not impossible.

Hope this answers your query. Should you have any additional queries with respect to my recommendation, I am available to clarify them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Burning sensation at the tip of penis. Urine test done. Amorphous phosphate found. Erection continues. Treatment? 18 hours later
I don't have prostatitis
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 4 hours later
As I have already said, you might not be having a clinical or radiological diagnosis of Prostatitis, and quite often all reports are normal, but often your symptoms would disappear when you are given the treatment that is usually given for prostate inflammation. Why this happens is not clear, and research suggests that it could be an immune reaction to an infection in the past. You might need to take antibiotics for a slightly prolonged period, and anti-inflammatory drugs, along with drugs to relax your bladder neck. The combination is usually beneficial to the extent of 50-80%.

As you see, there is no 100% guarantee however, and that is the reason I suggest that you XXXXXXX an urologist in person so that he can exclude any other issue. For example, you might need to get an USG (ultrasound scan) of your Kidney, Ureters and Bladder region just to rule out a stone in bladder which can also mimic these symptoms and an uroflowmetry.

As I have also said, a new drug called Dapoxetine has been introduced into the Indian market, and is reportedly quite useful in patients who suffer from premature ejaculation, but you will need to see an urologist who can prescribe you this and explain how you can take this.

Hope this has been of help.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor