Burning in the mouth. Diagnosed with hiatus hernia and GERD. Have to take Neksium, Kinpride . Will these help in reducing the enlarged hole in diaphragm?
Neksium is an inhibitor of acid production and kinpride is a prokinetic. They help in GERD by aiding acid clearence from the esophagus and reducing the acid production. They have no effect on the hiatus hernia per se. You can try some disphragmatic or breathing exercises ti try and tone up your diaphragm and hence correct the hernia. Severe GERD can be associated with some upper back discomfort. But at your age you should also rule out any spinal degenerative illness or a osteoporotic fracture.
Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Thanks for the follow up
A burning sensation in the lips and mouth and oral ulcers are not the manifestations of GERD or hiatus hernia. Rather, this can be the manifestations of serum vitamin B12 levels checked.
Further, take plenty of fruits and vegetables and tablet Becosules 1 tablet daily with food. This will produce significant relief.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Are nausea and constipation side effects of Livalo (pitavastatin) ?
- What could be the cause of blood in stool and burning with normal CT...
- Raised liver enzymes, working with toxic chemicals, hepatitis infection
- How can abdominal varices be treated ?
- What do low GGT and ALP levels signify?
- Why do I have dizziness when I have a bowel movement ?
- Low appetite, eating disorder, weight lose. Suggest.
- What is the problem if I have a high level of liver enzymes?
- High level of SGOT, SGPT, Gamma GT, methotrexate for psoriatic...
- Stiff neck, fever, BP 127/70, pulse 60, stent, bundle block, enlarged...