Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

150 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Blood test done for hepatitis B. What does the reports suggest?

Answered by
Dr. Ram Choudhary

Internal Medicine Specialist

Practicing since :2001

Answered : 2272 Questions

Posted on Thu, 27 Dec 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: my email: YYYY@YYYY : i would like to ask if you can translate to me my laboratory result
hepa B



hepatitis full panel 397.85 C.O.V. 1.000 - Reactive
*screening test only - please corr
with other diagnostic-test result
with clinical condition - suggest
DNA (if viral load monitoring is
(indicated; ask your doctor before
having test done).

Anti HBs (CMIA) 0.00 mIU / ml C.O.V. 10.000 NONREACTIVE
HBeAg (CMIA) 1366.72 C.O.V. 1.000 REACTIVE
Anti HBe (CMIA) 49.08 C.O.V. 1.000 NONREACTIVE
* anti HBe count below the cut-off
-value is considered REACTIVE
Anti HBc IgM (CMIA) 0.95 C.O.V. 1.000 GRAYZONE
the value obtained is in the gray
(indeterminate area). suggest
follow up testing for monitoring of

Anti HBc total (CMIA) 11.39 C.O.V. 1.000 REACTIVE
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
Your blood reports are suggestive of hepatitis B related liver disease.
Currently your body is laden with highly infectious stage of the disease as is indicated by the presence of HBeAg in the blood.
You should observe strict precautions so no to infect your close contacts. Hep.B can cause severe liver damage in some affected persons so you should also get ultrasound abdomen and a physical check up by a local physician/gastroenterologist. You would need antiviral treatment and a close follow up for the proper treatment of the disease.
The regimen your physician would know.
You must not consume alcohol if you do.
Hope the advise would be helpful for you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Topics ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Hbcag

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, I am a 27+ old male. I have been hbsag, Hbeag +ve since past 5 years. I have been monitoring the blood samples for every 6 months. But there has been no changes. My last viral load was 15000 IU. Now I have been suffering with cough and cold since past 2 weeks continously. this morning i was splitting the flum out. I got bloob in it. Please let me know if this is a serious pro-state of HBEAG and i need to be hospitalized immidiately?

doctor1 MD

sir my name is Aneeesh i am from kerala,

before 1 year i have checked HBsAg the result is +ve, after tha i cheked HBV virus load is i billion, HBeag +ve, SGPT 84 , i think hepatitis my virus load is very high

Doctor... which treatment is better for me, any medicine for hepatitis ?

doctor1 MD

Hello doctor, My Hbs ag is Positive , Hbe ag negative . Anti Hbe Ag position . ALT(SGPT) is 17. What can I do now? Is there any cure of Hbs ag?

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctors,
I just done a complete blood test for Hep. B
And the results say:
AST: 25; ALT:15;
HBeAg: Reaktif(S/CO: 1,373.056);
Anti-Hbe:non reaktif(S/CO: 43.54); HBV-DNA:>1.10x10^8
My doctor said that my Hep.B virus are still inactive that's why I can't get any interferon therapy. Is that true? How can I make the virus become active so I can start the therapy?
Thank you.

doctor1 MD

I am diagnosed with acute hepatitis-B . Its third week. What are the diets do I need to follow ? I don't drink alcohol. No Headache, nausea or stomach pain. But Urine is dark yellow . Eyes are ltl yellow, Stool is also is now normal color, earlier...

doctor1 MD

HBsAg +, Anti-Hbc Igm, HbeAg, Anti -Hev Igm (-).S.BILIRUBIN (TOTAL) 0.6,S.ALT(SGPT) 45.0.PROTHROMBIN TIME 14.3,HBV DNA inthe specimen tested is Negative,CT SCAN REPORT : Mild fatty change of liver without evidence of SOL, OTHERWISE , UNREMARKABLE.USG REPORT IS : SPARED FOCAL FATTY AREA. further investigation are suggested for evaluation. i want to know what is my condition at present.what can i do now? pls answer.age is 45, height 5 fit 6 inch, weight 72 kg, i am not take any treatment .i have no feel any other complain of my body.

doctor1 MD

I need to get this case solved fully Thanks I've uploaded the case study, I needed a liver disease speciallist but couldn't find any