Blood test done for hepatitis B. What does the reports suggest?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Thu, 27 Dec 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: my email: YYYY@YYYY : i would like to ask if you can translate to me my laboratory result
hepa B

===========

TEST RESULT UNIT REFERENCE RANGES //
COMMENTS

hepatitis full panel 397.85 C.O.V. 1.000 - Reactive
*screening test only - please corr
with other diagnostic-test result
with clinical condition - suggest
DNA (if viral load monitoring is
(indicated; ask your doctor before
having test done).

Anti HBs (CMIA) 0.00 mIU / ml C.O.V. 10.000 NONREACTIVE
HBeAg (CMIA) 1366.72 C.O.V. 1.000 REACTIVE
Anti HBe (CMIA) 49.08 C.O.V. 1.000 NONREACTIVE
* anti HBe count below the cut-off
-value is considered REACTIVE
Anti HBc IgM (CMIA) 0.95 C.O.V. 1.000 GRAYZONE
the value obtained is in the gray
(indeterminate area). suggest
follow up testing for monitoring of
tite

Anti HBc total (CMIA) 11.39 C.O.V. 1.000 REACTIVE
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
Your blood reports are suggestive of hepatitis B related liver disease.
Currently your body is laden with highly infectious stage of the disease as is indicated by the presence of HBeAg in the blood.
You should observe strict precautions so no to infect your close contacts. Hep.B can cause severe liver damage in some affected persons so you should also get ultrasound abdomen and a physical check up by a local physician/gastroenterologist. You would need antiviral treatment and a close follow up for the proper treatment of the disease.
The regimen your physician would know.
You must not consume alcohol if you do.
Hope the advise would be helpful for you.