Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Blood in urine, frequent full bladder, lower abdominal fullness, urologist. Bladder tumor or cancer?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
Great thanks. After a routine physical I got a call back that I had blood in my urine...took another test a month later and another positive...I have always had on an off symptoms of feeling lower abdominal fullness and find my self frequenting the bathroom especially at night...Apparently my doctor wants me to see a urologist. I am a white female 41 years old, could this be bladder tumor/cancer?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 3 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Two samples positive for blood in urine is not a good thing. In addition you have lower abdominal fullness as well as frequency. Your symptoms may be just because of bladder tumor. You should get yourself thoroughly investigated with urine c/s, Ultrasound KUB, CT urogram and if required even a cystoscopy.

I wanted to know whether you are a smoker or not?

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Blood in urine, frequent full bladder, lower abdominal fullness, urologist. Bladder tumor or cancer? 4 hours later
Thanks. I am not a smoker:) but I do enjoy a couple of glasses of wine every night;) My doctor said that I did not have an infection. Both tests came back with traces of blood not high levels. I can't even see it to the naked eye. I will take yours and my doctors recommendation and get a full exam by a urologist. Is there a type of urologist to see?

Does it matter how high the level of blood in the urine? I don't feel any pain, just tightness and mostly annoying and a little uncomfortable. The sensation also seems to come and go. Caffeine and carbohydrates/sugars can also make it flair up in addition to stress.

With gratitude and light,
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 7 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

It is good news that you are not a smoker. However, you still should see urologist and get yourself investigated with CT urogram.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor