Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Back pain, smelly urine, cannot move, athlete

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1337 Questions
my daughter is in florida in college shes 19 im her mom in nevada she is a athlete and is in so much pain her pee smells and her back is killing her to where she cant move!! she is 5'1 and 105 pds
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 27 minutes later

Thank you for the Query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Since how long is she having this Problem?
2.) Did she sustain any injury?
3.) Does she have burning sensation while passing urine?
4.) Does she have fever with chills?

Your History suggests she either has,

1.) Kidney stones
2.) Lumbar Spondylosis.
3.) Herniated Disc.

These have to be ruled out. Kindly get her examined by a Orthopedician and a Gynecologist so that he/she may examine her and suggest blood and urine work, along with X rays and CT9Computerised tomography) Scans to rule out the exact cause for her symptoms.

Once confirmed, the treatment will depend upon the cause, which may include antibiotics, Physical therapy, Analgesics.

Call her back to Nevada.

Let her follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) Let her get adequate rest.
2.) If she smokes, she should quit.
3.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
4.) Drink plenty of water and maintain a healthy weight.
5.) Apply heat or cold packs where she is in more pain.
6.) She should avoid alcohol,coffee and citrus fruit juices.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish her Good Health.

Take Care.

Best Regards,
Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor