Are there any alternatives to remove C3, C4 and C5 implantations?
Depends on the cause.
I read your question carefully and I understand your reluctance to undergo that type of procedure.
The answer to that question depends on the reason that procedure is being proposed. If the reason is vertebral dislocation or fracture which threaten spinal cord compression I would say there is no other alternative as the risk of spinal cord injury at that area would have serious repercussions.
If on the other hand it is done mainly aiming to treat pain related degenerative spinal changes, with no imminent danger to the cord, then alternatives are apart from physiotherapy and painkillers which you already mention, also local injections with steroids and anesthetics which could alleviate the symptoms.
I remain at your disposal for further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes vision issues and incoordination inspite of being on...
- What causes swollen artery in neck area along with painful swollen right...
- What causes pain in back of head?
- What causes episodes of temporary dizziness and imbalance while or after...
- Is it safe to vaporize Cannabis one month before a major back surgery?
- Suggest treatment for episodes of amnesia, nausea and severe imbalance
- How permanent a spinal cord contusion can be?
- Does Cocaine increase the risk for stroke?
- What causes headache and neck ache in a patient with head injury?
- Suggest treatment for sinus congestion that disturbs sleep due to...