Are nausea and anxiety signs of caffeine withdrawal?
There are various withdrawal symptoms of caffeine from various underlying reasons to get them. There is simple physical withdrawal. Migraines and difficulty concentrating are the most common associated with that and that usually lasts a week up to one month.
There are mostly psychological effects of withdrawal. There is the anxiety of wanting to have it and not getting it. That hits in a number of ways. At first, it is very tied into the physical withdrawal, so, it feels like it is ending at the 1 week to one month. BUT, the cravings certainly do not end at 1 month. Having a craving for anything can precipitate some anxiety. This would be VERY episodic and quite variable. It would USUALLY hit, then abate for a while and come back.
This gradually fades over months. BUT, stress or other reminders of coffee will often trigger it; sometimes with full force, even years later.
Ironically, the psychological effects are felt more with drugs that do NOT have huge physical withdrawal. People report more long term aggravation quitting suboxone (a weak narcotic) than with quitting heroin (where it is more really bad withdrawal for 1-2 weeks and then just plain improvement).
You are very welcome
Keeping hydrated will be helpful. Mainly avoid caffeine to stay off of it!
Besides coffee, softdrinks, tea, chocolate, and especially energy drinks also have caffeine. (I should have mentioned another possible reason for caffeine withdrawal to be intermittant is coming off of it might be intermittant if you drink a substitute that actually has cafeeine or the closely related theobromine... in this situation, the person would have stopped... but then unwittingly went back on it again and had a second withdrawal).
Doesn't sound like it. Sounds like the psychological trigger of an anxiety attack. Mainly realize these atttacks don't mean much (except that you've succeeded in being off the addicting substance!) and that they will fade over time.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Caffeine withdrawal and hand numbness
- Duration of caffeine withdrawal
- Caffeine withdrawal causes
- Caffeine withdrawal symptoms causes
- Diagnosis of Caffeine withdrawal
- Caffeine withdrawal how long
- Diagnosis of caffeine withdrawal symptoms
- Treatment and cure for Caffeine withdrawal
- Symptoms of caffeine withdrawal symptoms
- Treatment and cure for caffeine withdrawal symptoms
- Is there any interaction between Morphine and Gabapentin?
- Can the presence of Oxycontin be detected in urine?
- Can Oxycodone be taken for wrist and back pain?
- What causes spitting of black mucus?
- How can Meth be flushed out of the system?
- Would Adderall show up in a urine test?
- What is the differece between Oxycontin and Oxycodone?
- What causes pain after knee replacement surgery?
- How long can i take Xanax for anxiety?
- Are Omega 3 supplements effective in helping muscle recovery after a...