Are moles on penis a cause for concern?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I am seeing new moles appear on my penis and am not sure if they are safe. I asked a doctor a couple years ago but since then more have appeared. I am uploading several pictures where there are many dark spots visible. If you have difficulty viewing them I will re-upload them later with the moles circled. I asked this same question 12 hours ago and it was never answered so Im asking again.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be multiple Sebaceous Cysts

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have multiple black spots over shaft of the penis since many years.

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Are these spots raised above the surface of the skin?
2) Can yo palpate them as nodules separated from the skin ?
3) Can you see any punctum on the surface of spots?

Looking at some of these spots I think you have multiple Sebaceous Cysts over shaft of the penis however diagnosis can be confirmed only on clinical examination in person by a qualified General Surgeon .

Consult qualified General surgeon .He would be the best judge to decide regarding further treatment .If needed some of them which are bigger may need to get excised in Toto (Completely along with the sac).

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 days later
I accidentally closed my previous question, I didnt know I couldnt answer the followup questions.

"I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.

3) Can you see any punctum on the surface of spots?"

1. No they are not raised..

2. they do not feel like they are separate from the skin

3. I am not sure what this question means.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 32 hours later
Brief Answer:
These can be moles or Fordyces spots

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up and feedback..

These are mostly Fordyce spots .
These spots develop due to accumulation of sebum beneath skin and very common on shaft of the penis .They do not require any active intervention.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.