Are left-sided back and upper abdominal pain and nausea indicative of pancreatic cancer?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have had left back pain near mid rib cage area, upper left to middle abdominal pain and nausea. I have had two CT scans, the first was clean the second showed enlarged mesentaric lymph nodes. I have had blood tests and stool sample that all came back with no signs of infection. Would it be possible that this is pancreatic cancer that just did not have the primary tumor seen on the CT scan, just the lymph nodes?

Thank you for the response, do you have a potential diagnosis for the left back pain, as it is constant, and very painful upon pressure. I assume the lymph nodes can explain the stomach pain and nause. So you would not reccomend an Endoscpic ultra sound to ensure there is nothing wrong with pancreas?

I have been prescribed two antibiotics for the lymph nodes along with prednisone to reduce enlargement. I am ending the time period of those antibiotics treatments with no reduction of pain or nausea. Would you recommend another CT since I have already had two, or could a basic x-ray or ultrasound suffice, I have some concerns about the degree of Radiation from all the CTs considering I am relatively young at 29. I also have some enlarged nodes in my neck that have given me a sore neck and a globus sensation when drinking. Would this typically fall outside the expertise of a GI and if so who would specialize in it. My GI locally has recommended the Mayo Clinic but I won't be able to be seen there until March, I certainly would like to come to a diagnosis before then.
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Sunil 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Answers to your follow-up query.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome back,

What are the names of antibiotics? Doses?

How much is the dosage of Prednisone that you're taking?

Was a stool culture sensitivity test done before starting antibiotic therapy?
In this scenario, the USG won’t help.

I think you should also get a second opinion from an oncologist as lymph nodes are there in mesentery as well as neck also. In my opinion, it's better to get checked for Hodgkin's lymphoma also.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Thanks!