Are irritation and red bumps around penis urethra due to genital herpes or urinary tract infection?
Most probably just irritation
This does not seem like herpes as herpes is fluid filled bigger sores and occur with fever.
This is most probably either mild irritation or mild infection of urethra after sexual intercourse.
But to be more sure, please get a complete urine examination including culture and sensitivity. You can also get a blood STD test prescribed by your doctor to rule out herpes, HPV, syphilis, etc.
Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Urinary tract infection penis red
- Marijuana and urinary tract infection
- Iud urinary tract infection
- Urinary tract infection and blood in urethra
- Urinary tract infection mistaken for herpes
- Red bull urinary tract infection
- Clarithromycin urinary tract infection
- Urinary tract infection due to monilia
- Urinary tract infections and genital warts
- Fluoxetine urinary tract infection