Are excessive diarrhea and vomiting during pregnancy a cause for concern?
Usually self limiting and subsides in a week.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Excessive diarrhea and vomiting is a cause of worry as it can lead to dehydration. The stomach flu symptoms are usually self limiting and the symptoms subside in 3-5 days.
The main motive of treatment is prevention of dehydration. Imodium and anti emetic will cause symptomatic relief. Administering special fluids by mouth - Garotade and oral rehydration therapy is the most effective way of doing this.
If you are feeling normal and have normal appetite with no palpitation then there is nothing much to worry about. Gradually start with BRAT diet (i.e. bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) or soft easily digestible semisolid diet and whitegrape juice.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Husband and daughter may be infected.
Thanks for writing again.
The chances of passing infection to your daughter and husband are there. The symptoms may manifest in next 3-4 days. The chances of infection of co workers is remote. Washing hands will largely prevent the infection from spreading.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diarrhea vomiting back pain during pregnancy
- Excessive diarrhea from eating steamed crabs
- Diarrhea during pregnancy
- Dehydration vomiting diarrhea during pregnancy in your 9th month
- Headaches and diarrhea during pregnancy
- Cause of vomiting and diarrhea in baby
- Diarrhea during early pregnancy
- Can duphaston cause diarrhea during pregnancy
- Cabbage caused diarrhea during pregnancy
- Pregnancy vomiting, diarrhea and cold sweats
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...