Are drowsiness and excessive sleep normal after taking Tryptomer?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I took this Tryptomer one tablet 25 mg last night 10pm and could not get up in the morning as usual.
at 6am. My wife shook me up at 10 am and I still wouldn't get up after forcefully getting up I was feeling drowsy & sleep and limbless and went to sleep again after having a bite. Im still feeling drowsy now.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could rather be due to rivotril than due to tryptomer.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have carefully gone through the details provided. I have two suggestions to make:
* Take half a tablet of tryptomer (amitryptilline) and see. I think that should take care of the situation.
* The excessive sleepiness could rather be due to rivotril (clonazepam). You may hold the dose of rivotril till your next visit or may reinitiate it later and see if that goes fine.

Hope that helps.