Are clubbing of the fingernails indicated in the attached images?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Mon, 14 May 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: hello. i have been dealing with a lot of health anxiety lately. my latest anxiety issue has to due with finger nails. does this look like clubbing to you? i see there is a space where light passes through so i think its normal. can you let me know as it doesnt have the diamomd shape i read on the internet.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
This is normal shaped nails. No Clubbing.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
I have gone through the image you have attached.
It is normal. No need to worry for Clubbing.
It will give me better idea if you send me picture of your whole hand showing all nails.
Also tell me if you have any symptoms like cough, breathlessness etc.
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 20 minutes later
i attached more photos. i dont think i have any symptoms breathing wise.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are not having Clubbing.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
I have gone through the images you have attached.
You are not having Clubbing for sure.
Who told you about Clubbing?

Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 11 hours later
no one said to me i have clubbing. i saw something online about something called the scharmoth eindow test. figured i would do it.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
No, you are not having Clubbing.

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern.
No need to worry for Clubbing, you are not having Clubbing for sure.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad