Are anti-histamines advisable for lump in the armpit?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: Had a lump inside my armpit right at the top that goes up and goes down, when it's coming up i get a very light throbbing that lasts for a couple of seconds and goes away, had an ultra sound done and they susepect it's some kind of allergy reaction, had this for 2 1/2 yrs now and it's still there, I can go for months and months and it doesn't bother me and then it will start up I find that a hot compress and some salt on the area helps and the throbbing goes away? Shall I start taking anti histamine to see if that helps??
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You do not need treatment for this!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this query.

I have reviewed your information fully. I highly suspect that your fears and notion that there is a lump in the armpit is the cause of all these symptoms. I suggest that you stay calm and reassured that there is nothing wrong going on there. This is even more so because an ultrasound never found anything abnormal. Taking antihistamines will relax your mind but am not the least convinced this is going to be helpful.

IN all, no treatment. Feel reassured all is well. Anti histamines will not be any helpful here.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if you need more information and clarifications.