Are Vitamin E tablets safe during pregnancy?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: hi im 15weeks now it is still safe that i can continue to take my vitamin E?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not required in pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Vitamin E can be taken in pregnancy, however it is not needed in pregnancy.
It is better to take multivitamin containing folic acid , DHA and methylcobalamine which is likely to benefit to both the mother and fetus.
Vitamin E requirement is not increased in pregnancy, and hence supplementation not required.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 3 hours later
thank u so much. godbless you dr XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Happy to help

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I am happy to have helped you.
You can get back to me by asking a direct question to me on this site.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana