Are "Ranidom" and "Nicip plus" good for cold and cough treatment?

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal

Posted on Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: gud afternoon doctor, now a days I am suffering from cold and cough very badly and because of cold I have headache also and when ever I had headache I fell nausea, then I had tab ranidom and nicip plus. please suggest me, are these tablats good for me
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: You have common cold-induced sinusitis problem Detailed Answer: Hi Ms. XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. You are apparently suffering from common cold-induced Sinus infection, which is causing all problems. History of long-standing, frequent attacks of common cold and similar symptoms, suggests nasal allergy with Chronic sinus problem and the treatment for this is entirely different. Instead of Ranidom and Nicip, take Levoceterizine, Montelukast, xylometazoline nasal drops (nasal decongestants), fluticasone nasal drops/spray and steam inhalation through nose. Consult your doctor who will prescribe the advised drugs in appropriate doses. This website strictly prohibits prescription by Brand names and the dose. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal