Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Applied neosporin for bruises on cheek and lower eyelid. What else can be done to eliminate permanent scar?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1201 Questions
My son got into an altercation last night, got knocked down, scuffed his face on the sidewalk, his cheek and lower eyelid is bruised. He is using a cold compress today. I just applied some neosporin on the cheek but was afraid to get to near his eyelid. Should he go to emergency room for checkup? What else can we do to help eliminate a permanent scar?
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Abrasions should heal Detailed Answer: Dear parent, Thanks for the concerns. If he just sustained abrasions or scrapes, then these should heal over time with good local cares: water and soap gently, neosporin is reasonable. Care has to be undertaken to make sure there are no foreign bodies in his skin. If deeper wounds are present, so much that he may need sutures, he needs to be seen in an ED. He also requires a tetanus booster if he has not received in the past 10 years. Yours truly, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor