Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Adviced clingen to be taken through vagina. Is there any alternate oral tablet?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 979 Questions
Hi Mia, I have been advised Clingen Vag Suppository for 7 days. I havent used it till now, because i am extremely scared of the potential side effects like burning, irritation and am just scared. Isnt there something that i can take orally?

I would request and appreciate if Mia (OBGYN) would answer my query. Thanks.

Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 7 hours later

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the query

Yes , you can take oral tablets containing fluconazole , azithromycin and tinidazole combinations.The kits are available in the market but should be taken under doctor's guidance.Other antibiotics like clindamycin , secnidazole can be added depending upon the severity and type of infection.It can be candida , trichomonas , mixed infection or bacterial vaginosis.The pH of vagina is to be maintained with vaginal wash.Always keep the area dry , avoid swim suits and wear cotton, loose undergarments.Always wipe from front to back so as to avoid anal contamination.Do not use perfumed shower gels and deo's.Regular use of probiotics avoids the recurrent infections.
Best wishes
Any further query is most welcome.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor