Addicted to cyber sex and masturbating. Could it be schizophrenia?

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Sexual Problems
Question: Hello am a teen frm ind ,for past one and half years am addicted cyber sexand mastrubate aftr i became mad am out coll and guess havin schizopernia? Plz helpme
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You have developed obsession. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You have developed obsession for the condition not schizophrenia. You can come out of this habit by self control and strong determination. You should keep yourself away from provocative literature and videos. You should also do meditation and yoga.It is very helpful. Try to keep busy yourself in your job. If it doesn't work then you can seek help from psychiatrist/psychologist. You may need medication with psychological therapy. Get well soon Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Indu Kumar 2 minutes later
Tell any medicines plzz
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Drugs can be started only after proper evaluation. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing back Firstly you should consult psychiatrist if your desire is irresistible.You need proper evaluation and it is long process then only treatment can be started. If drug therapy is considered then antidepressants are the choice. You may need psychological assistance only,so you should consult psychiatrist. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Indu Kumar 15 hours later
Doc and am havin hallucination and more self talk XXXXXXX fear eccentric and poor concentration why?
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please consult psychiatrist Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing back Hallucinations can be of many different types. It can be auditory (hearing voices talking to you when no one is around) or visual (you might be seeing people or experiencing the presence of someone who is actually not there). These things need to be discussed in detail to know your exact problem. It is important to know what is the self talk that keeps you busy and if it is happening only when you masturbate, see sexual material or at all times. A psychiatrist is the best person to discuss your above matters in detail. You must confide your problems in a family member and take necessary guidance. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX