Accidentally swallowed a piece of Tupperware plastic. Feel fine, but should I be worried?
Thank you for your query.
Dear madam, you shouldn't be worried because in most cases it doesn't cause anything serious.
First, if you have breathing problems or swallowing difficulties you should go to doctor. Since few hours passed and you don't feel it throat it is probably in bowel. There is a possibility that it wasn't broken out by gastric acid and if this piece was sharp, it may cause bowel injury. This is very rare but if you notice sharp pain at any parts of abdomen in next 4-10 hours, you should visit doctor.
If you don't have symptoms next 4-10 hours then it means that it reached colon and passed through with stool. Also, if some substance was even resorbed in bowel it wouldn't be toxic for you because it can be only minor amount and this kind of plastic isn't considered to be XXXXXXX for our health.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Remedy swallow piece plastic
- Child swallowed plastic button accidentally what should i do
- Swallowed piece of plastic feels scratchy
- Accidentally swallow small piece of plastic
- Swallow piece of plastic
- Have accidentally swallowed small piece of plastic what to do
- Swallowed a dime size piece of plastic and i can feel it in my throat
- Swallow plastic piece and vomiting
- Swallow small piece of plastic
- What should be done after swallowing plastic accidentally