Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Abdominal pain. Found mass between kidney and colon. Should I go for laparoscopic surgery?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9573 Questions
Dear Doctor,
I have one query, since day before yesterday i am hospitalised at Manipal Hospital, Mangalore due to stomach ache. before i have admited here i was consulted by one of gastrointestinal specialist in Medical college. from there doctor has been told me to do laparoscopic surgery after checking my Ultra sound report,CT scan and colonoscopy test (Doctor said - there is a mass in between kidney and colon therefore surgery required.) after this doctor's observation i went to Manipal Hospital. from here Doctor said there is a mis match between Ultra sound report and CT, therefore we will have to get it done all test again and then we will go for surgery. After this repeated test doctor said no need to do the surgery you will recover after having by medicine bcz problem in your stomach is not due to mass there is a infection. however now Insurance company said i am not eligible to for cash less and i dont understand how do i conveyance them. Manipal doctor said right they will not do the surgery unnecessarily bcz that is not ethical. need your advice what is to done for claim?
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 36 minutes later

Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been investigated for pain in abdomen and on the basis of investigations you were admitted in hospital for surgery to remove some suspected mass in Left Iliac fossa.

However, further clinical examination and investigation revealed the mass to be benign in nature and could be treated with medicines.and hence surgery was cancelled. Your insurance company can not deny your claim, as the investigations carried out were necessary to confirm the diagnosis which can be negative. If Insurance company do not agree with your claim, you have option open to go to consumer forum or legal ways. Better to have a legal consultation regarding this.

I would be happy to help you if you have any health related queries.

Thanks with Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor