Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

5 years old facing breathing problem. What is the required treatment to get cured?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5570 Questions
Hi, my 5 year old son is facing problem in breathing according to doctor (ENT specialist) he has blockage inside the nasal as tissues inside the nasal has grownup suddenly. Please advise medicine or treatment to cure.
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.

First of all, let me reassure you that your son is not suffering from any serious problem.

In most cases, the blockage inside the nasal cavity occurs because of nasal allergy, leading to hypertrophy (thickening) of nasal turbinates (part of nasal cavity).

The treatment is medical in most cases. This includes nasal decongestant drops or medicines, which contain oxymetazoline.

In rare cases, there may be nasal polyps, etc, which may require surgery. This can be found out by an examination done by ENT doctor.

As of now, please continue the medicines, as he is taking now.

I hope it clarifies. Please get back if you have any more queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor