Wisdom teeth extracted. Dry socket pain packed with gauze. Painful lump inside cheek. What is it?

I got 4 wisdom teeth extracted 17 days ago, I ve been back and forth to the oral surgeon 5 or 6 times due to dry socket like pain. I never got an answer on whether or not it was dry socket but the area was packed with gauze and clove oil and seemed to relieve the pain. At 14 days post op I had the last packings removed and told the Surgeon I was developing what seemed to be a painful lump inside my jaw/cheek area. The pain is back and worse then ever and the surgeon is calling in antibiotics for me but I can t see anyone til Monday! (It s Friday!) I have no fever or redness inside my mouth so what is painful lump inside my cheek/jaw area?? Thank you for your answer I m advance!
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013