Experiencing pain while swallowing after wisdom teeth removal. How long will it take to heal?
User rating for this question
I got all my 4 wisdom teeth removed today. More than pain in gums (where teeth have been extracted from), the pain while swallowing is bothersome. Actually, Unbearable. What must I do? How long will such a problem take to heal.
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Complete healing takes 3-4 weeks Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome. Thanks for sharing your concern. I can understand it is difficult to eat and drink post extraction when all the four wisdom teeth are extracted.But please do not worry, it is a temporary phase and last for 2 to 3 days. Although complete healing takes around three to four weeks.Your dentist must have given you antibiotics and analgesics you can take them. once the clot stabilizes(after 24 hrs post extraction) you can do mild and gentle rinsing with salt water.Please avoid forceful rinsing ,gargling or talking. you can also get your analgesics changed,please talk to your dentist for an alternative drug for the present pain that you have. Meanwhile take semi liquid and cold food stuff.Avoid hot,hard and spicy which can induce bleeding. Please let me know for further query. Hope it helps. Thanks. Take care.
People also viewed
- Sore scratchy throat after teeth cleaning
- Swollen node after teeth cleaning
- Can suprax cure kidney infections ?
- Pain in molars after wisdom teeth removed
- Sore glands after teeth cleaning
- Can i take biaxin xl for pertussis?
- Swollen gland after teeth cleaning
- What is the treatment for pain after wisdom teeth removal
- How to teeth clean after gutka
- Stomach pain after wisdom teeth removal
- Can sporanox cure ringworm, scalp ?
- Wisdom teeth pain after removal
- Can i take anusol hc for proctitis?
- Swallowing after wisdom teeth removal
- Can gabapentin systemic cure sfsn ?