Will taking contraceptive pills for regularization of periods effect in future for pregnancy ?

my wife has been having irregular periods, she get her period only every alternate month, we have done a scan and the doc has ruled pso. the doctors have suggested that she starts taking a contraceptive drug to regularize her periods, our fright is that taking these drugs can cause a problem in her falling pregnant . more over our work schedules are quiet crazy where my wife has to travel alot on a two wheeler. please help us out in letting us know about the contraceptive pills . Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 6 Aug 2011