Will swallowing back drop of earring by 8 month old cause any serious problem ?

i have a ? about twmy mother bought my daughter a pair of stud earrings, though two days later i was washing clothes while she was asleep on her swing but after she awoke i noticed one of her earrings from her ears are missing and only found the back part on the swing is it possible that my daughter could have swallowed it shes only 8 months right now and i was watching her all the time that she was asleep if so what are the symptoms that she may have though ive been watching her for quite some time but havent noticed nothing bad though now she has hives along with the flu ... is it possible that she may have swallowed it im desperate and need to know
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013