Will smoking an electronic cig affect my back surgery? Please let me know I am very concerned about this!

Hi! I am going to be having lower back surgery....possible disc replacement or fusion within the next mth. My doctor has advised me to quit smoking.I was a very light smoker maybe only 1-4 cigs a day. I have NOT smoked a cig in over a week! I am doing very well but tonight I bought an electronic Cig. These are known to have no harmful effects no harsh chemicals and no smoke .. it is basically water vapor but it does have nicotine in it. I am wondering is it okay for me to smoke the electronic cig and still have surgery considering it is not harmful for my lungs etc. Or will the nicotine effect the surgery? Please let me know I am very concerned about this! Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 20 Jan 2011