Why do I have pain in my neck while moving it ?

i am suffering from pain in my low neck area when i am rotating my neck is it spondiites
Asked On : Sat, 11 Feb 2012
Hi welcome to HCM. Pain in the lower neck on rotating can be due to spondylitis. But again it may be muscular due to Torticollis(wry neck) also. Besides that, there may be other causes in the skin, muscles, lymph glands and fibrous tissue. Please take a mild pain killer with muscle relaxant for 2-3 days and if there is no relief, do get an x-ray done to rule out spondylitis and maybe a sonography to rule out other soft tissue problems.