Why do I get irregular menses after IUD copper and what does enlarged uterus in ultrasound mean ?

hi doc, i m 39y/o has been on my IUD copper since 2003, has been having irregular menstrual cycle , i could nt keep track of my flow no more! since it has been so erratic for the 3 mos now i should say.. i have been having been having some prolonged bleeding lately with spotting for a month now but not as heavy menstruaal flow as it used to be..i just went to my ob gyne this afternoon and she said i had a enlarged uterus, ultrasound was done today also..... i m in good health i should say... aside from this issue.. im scared
Asked On : Wed, 2 Feb 2011