Why am I bleeding heavier with clots and abdominal cramps after having intercourse during periods ?

I m 17 and i m on the pill, i came on my period last week on tuesday and it nearly stopped towards the end of that week. I had sex with my boyfriend while i was on my period that week end and this week i started bleeding heavier, its dark red and there are large clots in the blood , i m getting random abdominal cramps/pains. I also have a cold don t know if that anything to do with it though. Im just a bit worried since my period doesn t seem to be stopping.. Also today i felt sick after eating today even though i didn t really eat much.. If you could help me stop thinking about it i would be so grateful but i will go to my GP on monday. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 6 Feb 2011