White spot in the back of eye seen in x-ray. What could it be ?

My daughter went to have her eyes examined today, and the doctor called her in because he saw 1 white spit in the back of her eye in an xray . What could it be? I am soooo worried. She needed to have her eyes checked months ago, but she didn t, and she started really straining to read and her eyes just ached due to not having glasses. Her grandmother has a similar problem from over 40 years ago. I hope treatment has advanced enough to correct the problem. I don t know what it is called, only that the symptoms are similar to Carmin. Any idea what it may be?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012