Which pain killer i can take for tooth ache ?

I have sever tuthache advise me tablets i fell hot n cold in that teeth since 2 days now pain since last night? plz
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jul 2011
Dentist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to hcm,
If there is cavity associated with the tooth with pain,place cotton dipped in formocresol within the cavity for temporary relief.
Also avoid food lodgement at the site.
maintain good oral hygiene.
Get a thorough clinical and x-ray evaluation done.
Get your teeth cleaned.
Decayed teeth has to be restored.
Pain killers will not give permanent relief.
Please do take medicines after consulting with your dentist.
Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

Tooth pain indicates infection in the tooth involving the pulpal tissues.

I would suggest you to visit to a Dentist and get a checkup done, take an x-ray of the tooth

an infected tooth can be treated with root canal treatment to save it permanently.

Till then you can take tab Zerodol TDS and tab odoxil twice for three days.

Antibiotics and anlagesics will give temporary relief.

I would encourage you to visit to Dentist and get the treatment of the infected tooth done.

Hope this helps out.

Dentist Dr. Gunjan Gupta's  Response
As you provided the detail it seems that you have deep infection in your tooth reached up to pulp.
Painkillers will give you temporary relief,for permanent relief go to a dentist as soon as possible and get the complete examination done including x-rays and take a proper treatment.
Possible treatment could be root canal treatment.
Nothing to get worried.
Dr.Gunjan Gupta

Dentist Dr. Benley George's  Response
You may have a tooth abscess which has resulted in the pain. You have to consult your dentist for treatment either Root canal treatment or extraction of the tooth for pain relief.
Dentist Dr. Anshumala Singh's  Response
Dear friend.

Thanks for sharing your concern.

For now you an take tablet combiflam 500 mg,or ibuprofen 500mg,or diclofenac 50 mg.

But i would suggest you to see your dentist soon for your present symptoms.

Hope it helps.

General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
You might have developed pulp abscess causing severe pain.
Consult dentist and go for antibiotic course.
Mean while you can take tab. Dan-P as and when required.
ok and bye.
hi welcome to health care magic.toothache may be due to infection ,cavity,plaque etc so you concern dentist for real picture.brush with sensodyne tooth paste.take any pain killer like zerodol p until you visit dentist.
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, if you feel more hot n cold means you need cleaning n RCT . consult with your doc n do as per advise. along with you should take vitamin C riched diet which helps in making healthy gums.
please gurgle 4 to 5time in a day with luke warm are likely suffering from abscess in the root of the teeth.
wish you good health.
Dentist Dr. E. Bharathikannan's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic,
get a xray done for that particular tooth and it will need root canal treatment. get treated as soon as possible. take care