What treatment should i take as fluid is found under the sore hip?

My teenage son fell pretty hard off his skateboard 2 weeks ago. He fell in his hip. His hip was very sore, but not visibly bruised. He did have a nasty road rash , but that is healing nicely. He has been complaining of hos hip being swollen and numb...sometimes tingly and sharp pins and needles. It didn t appear very swollen to me last week even though be says it was. I fealt it today and it is squishy, like there is fluid under his skin . Im a little concerned now. I have no medical insurance and hate to sit in an emergency room if this is just a normal part of the healing process. Thanks for your advice.
Asked On : Wed, 2 May 2012