What is the treatment of hirsutism ?

Please can you suggest the Ayurvedic treatment for Hirsutism?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response

Hirsuitism is due to unbalanced dosha state of the body due to aama . It will include gynecological symptoms along with . You go for a proper check up with nearby ayurvedic doctor or can send me complete reports including your USG to For the time being take Raj Pravartni vati 1 TDS , Nasht pushpantak rasa 1 tds , Ashoka arishta 3 tsf with equal amount of water after meals BD. You will start improving and contact me for further follow up
Wish you good health
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Packriswamy Sambangi's  Response
Hirsutism may arise from excess male hormones called androgens, primarily testosterone or hirsutism may be due to an ethnic or family trait.
A combination of self-care and medical therapies provides effective treatment for many women with hirsutism.
Oral contraceptives are a common treatment for hirsutism in women.
Self care methods are , Plucking, Shaving, Waxing and Bleaching.
Medical therapies in Ayurveda ,BLACK COHASH CAPSULE twice daily. Black cohosh has an anti-androgenic effects.
Take ASHOKA ARISHTAM add with water.
Take SHILAJIT PASHPAM add with honey.
Drink SPEAR MINT TEA twice aday .It can reduce levels of male sex hormones in the body.
Eat anti oxidant foods, fruits and vegetables daily.
Exercise at least 0 minutes daily
Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Nikul Patel's  Response
Hirsutism is a disease where the reproductive system involves and it shows the imbalance of female hormones.
As per Ayurveda Treatment for hirsitism.
it is needed to take treatment longer and with consultation of good experinced ayurveda doctor in field of Infertility.
In this type of cases ayurveda Panchkarma Treatment also gives good results So please contact to nearby good ayurveda Panchkarma therapist.
you can start the following medicines to make reduce the problem, but consultation is needed.
Start the follwing medicines.
1. Pushyanug tablet 2 tabs twice a day
2. Chandraprabha Vati 2 tabs twice a day
3. Raj: pravartani vati 1 tab twice a day
4. Medhya Rasyan tablet 2 tabs twice a day

Dr. Nikul Patel
Ayurveda Expert, Ahmedabad
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Vivek Rathore's  Response
Excessive growth of facial or body hair in women is called hirsutism. It is not a disease. The condition usually develops during puberty and becomes more pronounced as the years go by. However, an inherited tendency, over-production of male hormones (androgens), medication, or disease, can cause it to appear at any age. Women who have hirsutism usually have irregular menstrual cycles. so in hirsutism u are try to give medicine for regulise hormes
M2tone syp 2tsf twice daily
Ashokarista 20ml plus dasmularista 20 ml with lukeworm water
ovarin cap 2bid
chandraprabha bati 2tab bid after meals twice daily
for more infp contact me on -