What is the treatment for Premenstrual dysphoric disorder ?

what is the treatment for Premenstrual dysphoric disorder I am taking beta blocker (seloken XL) medicine Age 40 Years. Weight 52 Kg Height 5.4Ft
Asked On : Sat, 20 Aug 2011
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob,PMDD occcure early 20s or late 40s. this is nothing but complex of symptomes which appear mid of cycle n disappeare begining of period. common symptoms are mood swining, gastritis, headach, loss of concentration, fatigueness etc. so first you should make list of your symptoms n start treatment for that. nothing to worry this is curable n has not serious effect.
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Premenstrual dysphoria is commonly seen due to variations in the hormonal levels. Beta blockers are the drug of choice to treat such problems. You can use these intermittently near the expected time of your periods instead of using them regularly.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal