What first aid must be taken if someone swallows a stapler pin?

Today while eating i accidentally bit a stapler pin. My young nieces (6 and 10) were eating the same food too. I was shocked and immediately stopped my nieces from eating whatever remained of the food. However, in the event that someone does swallow a stapler pin, what first aid and action would you recommend? Must the patient be rushed to the hospital? Will an x-ray reveal the pin? Will the pin cause internal bleeding? Must the patient try to vomit the food? Are young children likely to choke on a pin? My nieces are feeling fine. Must i take them to a doctor? Please advice.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012