What does missed period and negative HPT indicate ?

my wife has missed period and she did home pregnancy test , results were negative but still no periods
Asked On : Fri, 9 Mar 2012
Hello there,

When was your wife's expected date of periods and when did she do the home pregnancy test. There are many causes of delayed periods like stress, anxiety,pregnancy, thyroid disorders. If she doesn't get her period in 1 week, repeat Urine pregnancy test. If that is also negative, take her to the gynaecologist. Meanwhile anxiety about delay in periods itself can further delay the onset of periods. So relax and take it as it comes. Hope this helps :)