What could be the reason for unable to pee ?

Wife feels like peeing but only a tiny bit comes out. So not normal for her.....
Asked On : Thu, 17 Mar 2011
Urologist 's  Response
Welcome to healthcaremagic,
You need to provide more details. However, if the problem is acute then your wife may be suffering from infection or stone disease. Get her urine examination and ultrasound done and see urologist
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
how long is she suffering from this? It may be Acute retention of urine .It may be be caused by nerve dysfunction, constipation, infection, or medications (including anticholinergics, antidepressants, COX-2 inhibitors[1], amphetamines and opiates).
Diagnosis and/or treatment may require use of a catheter.
I suggest you to consult doctor if the symptoms continue more than 24hr for further investigation and management