What causes irregular periods and polycystic ovaries ?

its adviced through scan that hormonal correlation for me. what is that have irreugualr periods. have polycystic ovaries
Asked On : Mon, 6 Jun 2011
welcome to healthcaremagic
USG says they would want to check your LH,FSH and free testesterone levels to confirm the diagnosis and also to plan the line of treatment..
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for shiny,
Through scan they have diagnosed poly cystic overies but as you have irregular period,with scan they might advised hormonal test.
Your query is a bit confusing,this is my interpretation
ok and bye..
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Since you have Polycystic ovaries in your scan, the scan report can be confirmed by hormone distrubances. Testing for FSH, LH, DHEA, Blood sugar needed in this case. In PCOD there will be LH/FSH ratio more than 3, and some elevation in DHEA. Diabetes may be associated with PCOD.