What can be the reason for irregular amount of discharge during my otherwise normal periods ?

Hello I am a 26 and I always always always get my period on time and it last about 5-7 days. Last month it came 2 days early and lasted the regular amount of time however this month it came on time but 5/31 was heavy that day and the next day but on Thursday 6/2 it was light pink and almost nothing there. I had painful thigh cramps and cramps in my uterus that nigjt and a terrible headache . This morning 6/3 headache still there cramps gone but there was barely anything there still. I had a bowel moment that morning and the flow came back a little but as of right now its a dark brown spotting not enough for a full pad. Took a test and came out negative...what is going on?
Asked On : Sat, 4 Jun 2011