Having brown discharge during mid cycle but the discharge is very minimal. Can ovulation spotting last for 4 days?

Can ovulation spotting last for 4 days? I am having brown discharge during my mid cycle but the discharge is very minimal. I do not have any other symptoms except for that minimal discharge that doesnt really require a panty liner. However, it lasted for 4 days. Could it be the case? I've not had any sex intercourse before.Thanks!
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later

Ovulation spotting last for 1-2 days.

Prolonged bleeding for more than 2 days need to be evaluated. Some of the most common reasons for prolonged ovulation bleeding at your age and with no intercourse are hormonal imbalance and uterine problem(fibroids or Polyps).

For you since it is mild and first time with no other associated problem, this may be due to hormonal imbalance. This can occur due to stress, acute illness or due to ovarian problem.

If it is prolonged with severe bleeding or if prolonged bleeding repeats again then you may require evaluation for it using Ultrasound scan of abdomen and pelvis, Thyroid profile and speculum examination. Consult your doctor for examination once and its further management.

Hope I answered your question. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries or doubts and I shall be glad to help you out. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health. Take care.