Diagnosed with retroverted uterus with bilateral PCOD. What does it mean?

i am diagnosed with retroverted uterus with bilateral PCOd, what does that exactly, kindly explain me breifly, in case its some thing serious whatkind precautions i shoul follow?
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: kindly reply few questions Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Retroverted uterus means the position of uterus, some amount of retroversion can be there in normal persons which need not be worried. Bilateral poly cystic ovaries there are many small follicles in your ovaries. Kindly reply few questions so that I can guide you further: do you have any menstrual problems? do you have painful menstruation? are you married and trying for baby? Do you have painful coitus? Please ask if you have more questions. Regards, Arif
Follow-up: Diagnosed with retroverted uterus with bilateral PCOD. What does it mean? 22 hours later
thank u very much doctor for responding, i have irregularity in menstrual cycle, some times it come very early before 5days or 1 week late,since couple of years i never had regularity. since my menstrual cycle started i am suffering n undergoing with severe pain for the first day of that period , second it will little better later it will be fine. first 4 days severe bleeding , later it will be less for another 4 to 5 days, completely my monthly cycle will be 6 to 7 days. i got married at the age of 19 , i am blessed with 2 baby boys, 8 and 6 yrs. both are sigerians and undergone tubectomy. no i never faced any problem in coitus. thank u .
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 10 hours later
Brief Answer: It could be adenomyosis / endometriosis. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, Normal menstrual cycle fluctuates between 21 to 35 days, considering this your delay of 1 week or 5 days before is absolutely normal. Problems to be addressed is heavy menstrual bleeding and painful menstruation for which you need treatment. After analyzing your scan report and symptoms my opinion is you might be having some amount of ADENOMYOSIS or ENDOMETRIOSIS, which is causing all the problems. Considering your age, symptoms and scan findings I suggest you Progesterone treatment, I usually give Norethisterone tablets for 21 days and 7 days of gap for 3 to 6 months, usually after 21 days menstrual bleeding is seen , if it is heavy I supplement them with Tranexamic acid and mefenamic acid combination drugs. After 3 to 6 months of this treatment repeat the scan pelvis. This above treatment releves the pain and also helps in control of heavy menstrual bleeding. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!