What can be black colored discharge after quitting birth control pills ?

Hello, I am 29 years old and for the last 7 years I have been on the depo shot. I started this birth control right after my son was born. I have now been off the shot for about 6 months and recently started my period again. That stopped on March 5th. But I am now having a black discharge and am kinda freaked out about it. My mom says it s just old blood and I shouldn t worry, but I can t help it. I have fears that my husband isn t being faithful and now I have contracted something. I normally see it after we have intercourse. I m hoping that my mom is right, but I would like to be sure. I have an appt with my gyn on the 22nd of this month, but I guess I m just wanting to find out if I should be seen sooner.. Thanks!
Asked On : Wed, 16 Mar 2011